theme for International Women’s Day 2016 is “Planet 50-50 by 2030. Here are some of the issues related to health:
1. Cancer:Cancer has affected many peoples in one or the other form where most common ones being breast and cervical cancers. Every year around half a million women die of this breast cancer.
2. Mental health:Women are more prone to stress and tension than men thus they get depressed easily and become anxious that causes death worldwide.
3. Cardiovascular disease:Heart disease are leading to death at a alarming rate and women are three times more likely to die than men .
4. Reproductive health:As per the guidelines and survey of the World Health Organization (WHO), That the sexual and reproductive health issues are prone to one third of the women in the age group of 15 to 44 years.
5. Maternal health:While progress has been made, almost 300, 000 women died from complications in pregnancy and childbirth, according to the latest statistics WHO from 2013. And most of these deaths could have been prevented if the women had access to family planning and basic services.
Latest posts by Jahnavi Pathak (see all)
- Foodpanda Says Current ‘Shakeout Phase’ in Startups Is Much Needed - June 22, 2016
- Easy home-made remedies for dry skin! - June 22, 2016
- Sony Cuts Profit Estimate on Weak Smartphone Demand - June 22, 2016