“What do you know about relationships?” My mom asks me. “I know everything that needs to be known”. I reply.
I’ll tell you 10 things every relationship must possess :
1. Never ignore each other.
2. Communication is the key.
3. There should be mutual respect.
4. Give each other enough time to understand the other person’s needs.
5. Never come to conclusions about each other. Put yourself in the other person’s shoe before judging them.
6. Try not to push the other beyond their emotional and mental capacity.
7. Trust the one you love. Trust is very important to lay the foundation of any relationship. When romance fades away, trust always stands the test of time.
8. Be a good listener. Listen to the experiences, joys, whinings of your partner with interest.
9. Give importance to each other’s priorities. Your partner has a life beyond the relationship too. Give her/him the time and space to explore her/his ambitions and passions and respect them.
10. Don’t give up. Do not let stupid fights get in the way of your relationship. Ego kills all good relation. If you really want to be with someone, do not hesitate to take the initiative to iron out your differences.
Latest posts by Jahnavi Pathak (see all)